91 films were produced in South Korea in 1959. 89 U.S. films and 15 European films were also released in the country. The top money-making South Korean films of 1959, as indicated by ticket sales in Seoul, were:
- No Pil's The Dream Didn't Come True
- Hong Song-gi's Youth's Theater
- Chon Chang-kun's The Last Emperor Gojong and the Patriot, An Jung-kun
- Shin Sang-ok's Chun-hie
- Shin Sang-ok's Same Mind Grass
- An Hyon-chol's Don't Ask Me My Past
- Cho Kung-ha's The Body's Road
- Kim Hwa-rang's The Traveler's Inn
- Choe Hun's The Barber of Jangmaruchon Village
- Yu Hyon-mok's As the Clouds Flies
See also Edit
- ↑ Motion Picture Promotion Corporation. (1984). A Compilation of Data on the Film Industry. Seoul: MPPC. quoted in Min Eung-jun, Joo Jin-sook and Kwak Han-ju (2003). Korean Film: History, Resistance, and Democratic Imagination. Westport, Connecticut and London: Praeger Publishers. p. 152. ISBN 0-275-95811-6.
- ↑ Lee, Young-il (1988). "9. Feature Films Which Recorded More than 100,000 Ticket Sales in Seoul". The History of Korean Cinema. Seoul: Motion Picture Promotion Corporation. p. 295. ISBN 8-9880-9512-X.