92 films were produced in South Korea in 1958. 174 U.S. films and 25 European films were also released in the country. The top money-making South Korean films of 1958, as indicated by ticket sales in Seoul, were:
- Hong Il-myong's Brother and Sister
- Kwon Yong-sun's Father and Four Sons
- Shin Sang-ok's College Woman's Confesses
- Kim Hwa-rang's Don't Know the Man's Destiny
- Hong Song-gi's Cross the Mountain and the Sea
- Kim Hwa-rang's Please Meet Me Just Once
- Choe Hun's Hillside Where the Zelkova Stands
- Park Yong-hwan's Country Bride
- Ha Han-su's Tears of Mokpo Harbor
- [1958-01-15] Forever with You (그대와 영원히 / 그대와 永遠히 - Geudaewa yeongwonhi) [Sam Sung Films] (Yu Hyun-mok)
- [1958-07-12] Confessions of a College Student (어느 여대생의 고백 어느 女大生의 告白 - Eoneu yeodaesaengui gobaek) [Seoul Films] (Shin Sang-ok)
See also Edit
- ↑ Motion Picture Promotion Corporation. (1984). A Compilation of Data on the Film Industry. Seoul: MPPC. quoted in Min Eung-jun, Joo Jin-sook and Kwak Han-ju (2003). Korean Film: History, Resistance, and Democratic Imagination. Westport, Connecticut and London: Praeger Publishers. p. 152. ISBN 0-275-95811-6.
- ↑ Lee, Young-il (1988). "9. Feature Films Which Recorded More than 100,000 Ticket Sales in Seoul". The History of Korean Cinema. Seoul: Motion Picture Promotion Corporation. p. 295. ISBN 8-9880-9512-X.