16 films were produced in South Korea in 1955. 99 U.S. films and 21 European films were also released in the country. The top money-making South Korean films of 1955, as indicated by ticket sales in Seoul, were:
- [1955-01-15] Chun-Hyang Story (춘향전 / 春香傳 - Chunhyangjeon) [Dong Myeong Films] (Lee Gyu-hwan)
- [1955-01-16] Dream (꿈 - Kkum) [Seorabol Films] (Shin Sang-ok)
- [1955-11-25] Sad Story of a Head Cutter (막난이 비사 - Mangnani bisa) [Korea Films] (Kim Seong-min)
- [1955-11-30] The Youth (젊은 그들 - Jeolm-eun geudeul) [Seoul Films] (Shin Sang-ok)
See also Edit
- ↑ Motion Picture Promotion Corporation. (1984). A Compilation of Data on the Film Industry. Seoul: MPPC. quoted in Min Eung-jun, Joo Jin-sook and Kwak Han-ju (2003). Korean Film: History, Resistance, and Democratic Imagination. Westport, Connecticut and London: Praeger Publishers. p. 152. ISBN 0-275-95811-6.
- ↑ Lee, Young-il (1988). "9. Feature Films Which Recorded More than 100,000 Ticket Sales in Seoul". The History of Korean Cinema. Seoul: Motion Picture Promotion Corporation. p. 295. ISBN 8-9880-9512-X.